Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What a day!

Tubbs & I had a good morning date today.  I went over her place before work, to smoke and bullshit.  It was fun.  She has some Grand Daddy Purps (GDP) which kicked my ass.  Of course, the boss lady texts me mid-toke and tells me the computer dude is waiting for me at the bar, because our Point Of Sale (POS- yep, it's a total POS too) isn't running credit cards.  At this time, I should've already been on the road to the bar, but alas, I hit the bowl a few more times.  So, yeah...  I am ripped high, and there's a nerd waiting for me to let him in the bar.  I am always the only person at the bar when I open.  I have my own little stoner routine that I do in the morning, and this fucker threw me off my game.  I sprayed myself with the cheap perfume I keep in the car for moments just like this (it makes me feel less stoned, and at least I don't reek like weed), and gathered up my shit.  I brought leftover calzone for lunch, as soon as I got out of the car, I nearly dropped it.  The Nerd totally saw it as he walked across the parking lot. 

This Nerd was in my way!  I was getting ice, and he'd "set up shop" using 2 chairs, a couple of laptops, a mess of wire and other shit on 2 chairs right in my path.  As I maneuvered through this obstacle course with the 2 large buckets of ice, I said "excuse me" thinking he'd maybe get the hint... He didn't.  He didn't get the hint at all.  He as in my way all day long.  If he was behind the bar using that computer, he would take up the entire width of the bar, and seemed oblivious to the fact that I was WORKING, that I needed to get by him... repeatedly.  The Nerd wasn't a large man, yet he took up all of this space.  God Damn, I wanted to punch him in the esophagus. 

The day went by pretty quickly.  Nothing too exciting, I cooked a ton of food, made really awesome money, paid out over $1200 in Keno winnings (which equals great money for me), I got this table.... 2 girls a little younger than me, one of which had several bad tattoos ( I mean, shitty looking -like county jail- hey wanna be the first person I ever tattoo type of tattoos), and the other had really really really horrible acne.  OH, AND SHITTY TATTOOS....  She had the awesome drawn on eyebrows... I'll call her Eyebrows.....So, they seem decent, not a lot of social skills.  No eye contact, they did the annoying thing of pointing at the item they want on the menu, and mumbling what it was.  This drives me nuts, Look at ME!  I'm a real live person.  Believe it or NOT!

So Eyebrows & Pizza Face order Mini Tacos, Fried Mushrooms and a large basket of fries, with Ranch, of course!  So, things seemed to go well with them... they didn't eat all of the deep fried goodness, so I offered to box it.  This is when I started to wonder what the hell was going on with them.  They both barked "NO" at me about the box.... so I ask, "are you all finished, can I take this stuff out of your way?"  They mumbled "Yes", so I set the check down (and advise no rush, whenever you are ready), load up with the baskets of half eaten deep fried slime and sucked clean ranch cups, and head to the kitchen to unload.  As I step out of the kitchen, I see Eyebrows is holding a credit card.  I go over and say, "Ready for me to run that for you?"  Eyebrows "Yeah" (in a mumble again)... I walk to the bar, run the card, and return immediately.  I set it down and say, 'I just need the top copy signed, Thank You".... Both eyebrows, and acne say, "Thank You", then Eyebrows says... "I like your earrings", in a low mumbly weirder than hell way.  I say "thanks" and went back to the bar, and waiting on everyone else... They walk out, and I say the usual "have a good one".

I went to clean the table and see the credit slip signed, with a line drawn through the TIP area.... Hmmmmmm... I don't get it?  I mean, not even a dollar?  The bill was $19.59....and nothing.  I gave them good service, I cooked the food, got them refills, brought them their extra ranch just like they ordered, so they didn't even have to ask for it when I brought the food.  I don't understand some people.  These girls had no reason to not tip.  Ignorant ass white trash, go back to your trailer and make some Hamburger Helper next time, you can get that with your Food Stamps for FREE bitch.

The rest of the day was good, it slowed down around 5 so I was able to have the place looking spiffy for night shift.  I love leaving it super clean, super stocked and perfect for the next bartender.  Just like how I like to walk into it, which never happens.  One would think that others would appreciate how nice I leave it for them and do the same for me... but they don't.  They leave it a fucking wreck, and I clean and clean and organize and clean some more....but that's a whole 'nother rant.....

Oh, and the earrings... Pink Metallic Hoops.  Nothing special, nothing crazy.  Weird.

That is All.
Crotch 

No comments:

Post a Comment