Monday, January 16, 2012

Why doesn't the Post Office close for MY birthday?.

Happy Birthday To the Great Martin Luther King.  Ani Difranco wrote a song about him, and it was good.  I cant remember the lyrics right now, but it's a good song.  Now, it'll bug me all damn day. 

So anywho.  His bday was yesterday.  But, all these businesses are off and schools are closed TODAY.  But, WHY?  For equality?  Well, equal this up for me.  He had a dream, and I'm sure his dream wasn't give your lazy ass employee's and your dim witted kids the day off...... MLK was a good dude.  I didn't know him, but I hear he was a decent man.  So was Abe Lincoln, again, didnt know him but hear good shit about him.  My grandpa Basil was an amazing man, an educator (in the fact that he taught me more about life than any bitch at a chalkboard ever did), an equal man to other men, he felt he was no better, nor no worse than anyone.  I dont see my kid staying home on his bday, unless it falls on a weekend. 

TRUTH BE TOLD- my kids at school today.  Our district don't close for nuffin.  They want to cram every day they can in, and have the longest best Summer Break ever.  Cannot blame them for that shit.   Anywho, thats really all I have to say about MLK day, I dont get why we close businesses, post offices, banks etc.  I do not really think that was what his "dream" was.... but who knows?  I could be wrong.  He could've been like dude, I had this dream that I became postmortemly more famous than I currently am, and they started closing shit down in my honor!  Then, his bro is like fuck that, Man you crazy.  Who the hell knows.  I honestly don't even know where the hell this all is going.  But, I do know that it'll be batshit, fuck me in the ear hole crazy at work today.  Everyone is off of work, and what better to do than drink the day away?!  Sounds like a fucking plan to me.  So for the fruitful, busy ass day I have ahead of me, I tip my coffee to you Mr King.  Thanks.  I have a dream that I make $250 today.  I hope that shit happens. 

Welp, Mrs Crotch needs to warsh her crotch and get her ass ready for a day of Moon Cricketing.  See you there! 

1 comment:

  1. BTW I looked it up, Postmortemly is not a word. But, you know what I mean. The exchange probably went more like "Yo, brother... I had a dream. People love me in 50 years. They close shit down for MY Birthday!" Then his brother kicks the bottom of his bed (They are in bunkbeds in this whole thing in my head) and is like "You Crazy Fool!" . yeah, that's it.

    ReplyDelete